Advocacy Since the Symposium
By Bruce Cohen - May 22, 2015
This is how Bike Maryland advocacy has been working for you since the Symposium last March.
- Organized Ride of Silence in Westminster in honor of Arthur “John” Martin, Jr.
- Developing network of interested advocates to hold first advocacy meeting in June 2015.
- Working with advocates in Cecil County to form advocacy network and a bicycle advisory committee.
- Visited St. Michaels, Easton, Williamsport, Frederick, Indian Head, Suitland
- Assisting Catonsville Rails to Trails and others on Catonsville Bicycle Friendly Community application.
- Horizon Foundation (Howard County): partnering for Open Streets Columbia which will close a lane of the Little Patuxent Parkway “Loop”
- Letter to Maryland Department of Transportation Secretary Rahn re: New State Highway Administrator
- Letters of Support for Grant Applications: Howard County grant applications for bicycle infrastructure projects, Tuckahoe State Park for rail-trail and bridge construction.
- June: Carroll County Advocacy Meeting, interns begin researching economic impact of Bikeways funded projects, safe passing legislation
- June 13: Open Streets Howard County
- Summer: Visits to Garrett and Talbot Counties
- July: High School Camp – Bike Advocacy and Safety
Please support our advocacy efforts by becoming a member or donating today.