Get the Bike Maryland License Plate
Bike Maryland is a participant in Maryland MVA’s organizational license plate program. Our plate was designed to promote Maryland’s three foot law and at the same time be a fun way to support cycling in Maryland
Here’s how the program works:
- If you are not yet a paid Bike Maryland member, please join first through our membership page.
- Once you are a paid Bike Maryland member, fill out the “License Plate Participant Sign Up” form below to tell us you want the Bike Maryland license plate
- We e-mail you a PDF form for you to complete, print and provide to the MVA with your payment of $25 per car (see sample). Detailed instructions will be part of the e-mail you receive.
- License plates are available by mail (six to eight weeks) and sometimes available for pickup at the MVA full service center in Glen Burnie. You can check for availability by calling the the MVA full service center if you want to pick them up in person.
- You will be responsible for returning your old plates to the MVA.
Questions? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions page or contact us with any questions.
Please fill in the ‘Your Name’ field with your name exactly as it appears on your vehicle registration including your middle name if it is on the registration.
License Plate Program Participant Sign Up
In This Section