By Bruce Cohen - November 6, 2014
Bike Maryland is seeking a full-time Education Coordinator to manage and develop Bike Maryland’s education services. We are looking for a strong, passionate team player who can maintain and improve our successful record of educating over 10,000 youth and adults annually.
Coordination of Bike-MINDED Safety Program:
Coordination the Bicycle Friendly Program:
Producing bicycle education materials including safety instruction, bicycle navigation tools and related materials both online and hard copy.
Develop benchmark goals for number of businesses, universities and communities with Bicycle Friendly status ranking in Maryland with Executive Director
Contribute to program fundraising and diversification of fund sources
• High-school diploma or equivalent
• Must own or have frequent access to a vehicle with ability to tow trailer (hitch can be installed at a later time)
• Ability to demonstrate bicycle safety knowledge to diverse audiences
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office, familiarity with website editing
• Professional graphic design experience a plus
• League Certified Instructor (LCI) (or willingness to become certified, sponsored by Bike Maryland)
• Time management skills; ability to meet goals and schedules in a professional, but flexible work environment
This position will be carried out at the Bike Maryland office with 20% time spent reimbursable travel within Maryland. Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a resume, cover letter, salary expectations and a minimum of three references to the Education Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Education Coordinator” in the subject line. No phone calls at this time please.
Bike Maryland is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage candidates who represent and can work with people of many different backgrounds and orientations. This position is made possible by funding provided by the Maryland Highway Safety Office and the Safe Routes to School program.